Florida Class Action Lawsuits
A class-action lawsuit occurs when the court consolidates the cases of many defendants who have been harmed – typically by a drug or defective product. These cases can be heard in either state or federal court. Traditionally, federal court has been thought more favorable to the defendant, or accused, while state court has been thought to be more favorable to the plaintiff, or victim.
Most large class-action cases are now federal cases. The Class Action Fairness Act of 2005 provides for federal jurisdiction in class-action cases where damages exceed $5 million.
The Florida Class-Action Attorneys at the Garvin Law Firm review many types of cases involving defective products, dangerous pharmaceuticals and defective medical devices. Many have already been granted class-action status. In other cases, our attorneys work to determine if a dangerous or defective product case should be made eligible for class action.
To create a class action, an attorney files suit for one or several plaintiff’s, on behalf of a proposed class. The class must consist of a group that has suffered common injury. The plaintiff attorney then must file a motion to have the class certified.
Defective Medical Products: Florida Class Action Law Firm
The Garvin Law Firm is currently reviewing cases involving the following pharmaceuticals or medical products:
- Actos – Diabetes Drug: Failure to warn of bladder cancer risk
- Benicar – Chronic Diarrhea, Nausea and Vomiting, Sprue-Like Enteropathy.
- Cymbalta: Neurological Injuries
- DePuy Hip Implants
- Fentanyl Pain Patches
- Fleet Phospho-Soda Hormone Replacement Drugs
- GranuFlo & NaturalLyte Dialysis Products: Cardiac Arrest, Death, Arrhythmia, Metabolic Alkalosis, Stroke, Sudden Death
- Kugel Hernia Mesh Patches
- Lipitor – Diabetes
- Metal-on-metal Hip Implants – DePuy, Zimmer, Biomet, Wright Medical, and others: Abnormal wear, premature device failure, elevated cobalt pseudotumor formation.
- Ortho-Evra Birth Control Patches
- Osteoporosis Drugs
- Propecia and Proscar – Sexual Dysfunction & Male Breast Cancer
- Pain Pumps
- Power Morcellator – Laproscopic Hysterectomy or Fibroid removal surgery: risk of invasive uterine cancer
- Risperdal – Gynecomastia
- Stryker Rejuvenate Hip Implant: Corrosion, Metallosis, premature device failure.
- Trasylol — Aprotinin Injections
- Testosterone – Blood Clots, Heart Attacks, Stroke
- Viagra – Failure to warn of increase of melanoma growth reducing the window for effective cancer treatment
- Yaz, Yazmin, Beyaz, Gianvi, and Ocella- Birth Control: Heart attack, DVT, Pulmonary Emboli, Stroke, Sudden cardiac death
- Xarelto – Irreversible impairment of blood clotting
- Zofran – Birth Defects
If you or a loved one has questions about defective products, dangerous pharmaceuticals, or class action lawsuits in South Florida, contact the Garvin Law firm for a free and confidential consultation to discuss your rights.
Fort Myers – 239-277-0005 Nationwide – 800-977-7017
-Florida Class Action Lawyers Webpage-
-Fort Myers Class Action Law Firm-