Help From An Experienced Florida Bicycle Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, you naturally have concerns. As a law firm that regularly handles serious injury claims, we know that the stress of worrying about medical bills, time off from work, long-term disabilities, and pain and suffering can be overwhelming. You need answers from someone other than an insurance adjuster whose job is to pay you as little money as possible. You need experienced representation from a Florida bicycle accident attorney who will fight for your interests.
Bicycle Accidents: They’re More Common Than You Think
51,000 bicyclists were injured in traffic in 2009, including 630 fatalities, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Head injuries are the main cause but certainly not the only one.
The causes of these accidents can be anything from driver inattention to product liability, including improper manufacturing or defectively designed products. Also, many motorists are either not aware or they simply do not respect the fact that bicyclists have a right to share the roads. Bicyclists are often the victims of motorist’s lack of knowledge or respect, and it can cause serious financial and emotional hardship.
Drivers can and should be held accountable for the injuries they cause. If you or a family member has been injured in a bicycle accident, your first step should be to contact an experienced personal injury attorney to fully understand your rights. By filing a claim, you may be entitled to compensation for the injuries you sustained from the bicycle accident.
Can I File A Claim For My Bicycle Accident?
Only by talking to an experienced bicycle accident attorney can you know for sure. During a free initial consultation, we will review your situation and can help you determine whether it is in your interest to file a legal claim. If you decide to take legal action, we will investigate your accident to discover the causes and possible responsible parties involved. We’ll lead you every step of the way through the legal process, and you can be assured that our team of bicycle accident lawyers will fight for all remedies available to you under the law. We have the knowledge and experience to represent all bike accident cases, even the most serious.
– Contact the Gavin Law Firm today to see how we can help you –
Little known facts about bicyclists rights:
- Bicyclists have the same rights as motorists. They are also subject to the same traffic laws as motorists
- Motorists must yield to bicyclists making turns just as they would another automobile
- Motorists may not drive in bike lanes unless they are in the process of making an immediate turn off the road
Excerpts From the Florida Statutes:
- 316.083 (1) The driver of a vehicle overtaking another vehicle proceeding in the same direction shall pass to the left thereof at a safe distance and shall not again drive to the right side of the roadway until safely clear of the overtaken vehicle.
- 316.185 Special hazards. The fact that the speed of a vehicle is lower than the prescribed limits shall not relieve the driver from the duty to decrease speed when approaching and crossing an intersection, when approaching and going around a curve, when approaching a hill crest, when traveling upon any narrow or winding roadway, or when special hazards exist or may exist with respect to pedestrians or other traffic or by reason of weather or other roadway conditions, and speed shall be decreased as may be necessary to avoid colliding with any person, vehicle, or other conveyance on or entering the street in compliance with legal requirements and the duty of all persons to use due care.
There are many new laws pertaining to bicyclists that can directly affect the potential outcome of any bicycling accident. Call one of the experienced bicycle accident attorneys at the Gavin Law Firm and learn how to put the law to work for you.
As always there is no charge if there is no recovery
Free Consultation at your convenience
-Fort Myers Bicycle Accident Lawyers Webpage-